Sunday, November 18, 2007

Nana and Papa's Girl

My sweet daughter took Friday off work and went Thursday evening to spend the weekend with her Nana and Papa. She cooked, did laundry and pampered my Mom after her surgery. I'm sure she tried to keep her Papa in line too :) I love to hear her and Papa giving each other a hard time all in fun. She lived with my parents while she went to college and they loved every minute of it. I'm sure this reminded them of old times. She is such a blessing. I can always depend on her to help when needed even if I don't ask her. I hope I can be a wonderful Grandma to her children when they come along. I know I have some mighty big shoes to fill.
When I think of my daughter it seems almost like yesterday she was 3 and I was watching her in a dance recital. Then she was 7 and I was helping with her Brownie troop. Then she was 10 and I was watching her play girls softball for the pink socks. Then she was 12 and was Glenda the good witch in her 7th grade Wizard of Oz play. Then she was 14 and was playing volleyball for the high school. Then she was 16 and going to the prom. Then she was 17 and I watched her graduate and go to college. Then I watched her graduate from college and get married all in the same weekend. And it seems.... like it was all just a few days ago. Don't Blink your babies will be grown before you know it. Cherish each day and each memory because you can never go back...

2 comments:

sanctuaryseeker said...

Hey Sherry,
I hear you reminiscing and wonder...will I make it to that point? Who knows, but I am trying to enjoy them each a little more and worry how clean my house is a little less. My house is never clean, but I do worry about it. Hope all is well with you all.

Melissa said...

Thank you for that reminder to appreciate my kids. I know they will be out of this stage eventually and I will think, what happened?