Monday, November 26, 2007

Best Ice Box Fruit Cake Ever

O.K before you turn your nose up at the word fruit cake let me say I don't like the typical stuff. This is a recipe like no other. It is my Mom's recipe and she has been making it for years for our family. When I was younger she would make it for me and leave out the cherries but now I love it with them too.

Ice box Fruit Cake By: Sue Winburn

1 lb coconut
1 lb white raisins
3/4 lb red candied cherries
3/4 lb green candied cherries
5 cups pecans
3 cups walnuts
1 large bag of marshmallows
2 small cans of Pet brand milk(not the sweetened condensed)
1 lb box graham crackers

Crush graham crackers into fine crumbs. Combine milk and marshmallows in sauce pan, heat over very low temp until marshmallows are melted.
Add cracker crumbs and mix well.
Add all other ingredients and mix well. (This mixture will be very,very thick but keep stirring or use hands. You may have to add a little extra milk.)(we wear clean gloves, sprayed with Pam to mix ours)
When thoroughly mixed, pack in loaf pans of your choice. Wrap in foil and refrigerate until chilled. Slice thin and serve. Keep Refrigerated. Can be frozen too.

Do you have a family recipe you would like to share?

6 comments:

Me Myself and I said...

UM....YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

sanctuaryseeker said...

Sounds delicious. I think I could probably live without the candied cherries, but it still sounds yummo.

Melissa said...

Sounds like I may have to make it for Eric. He loves that stuff!!! I have a great recipe for spinach balls. I will make them for our campfire on the 22nd. It's going to be "bring your favorite Christmas food."

gideonmommasita said...

Ham Loaf and Ritz Cracker Pie are the only recipes unique to my family but those are Easter not Christmas dishes. Though I could Ham loaf any day of the week! Love to try an ice box dessert, always wanted to give one a try. Better get rid of the shrimp smell in there first though.

Jena said...

River Christian Academy. www.visitmyschool.org

Kayla Nicole said...

hey that sounds yummy cool hey just remeber you cooked it!!!