Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Terrific Tuesday

The weather here this morning has been wonderful. I love fall. The wind is blowing and the sun has been shinning off and on. I've had my windows open all morning. Perfect weather for feeding the calves. All went well with that this morning. I had everyone of them drinking their bottles at the same time-Thank you God for little blessings. I was even able to slip in the other side undetected and give them some dry calf feed in their little trough. No mishaps or cow slobber for this 1/2 city girl this morning.
Hunter has a soccer game this evening. Hopefully the rain holds off . Rain or shine they play unless the field is too wet. Yesterday Hunter had practice in the rain. The coach said they may only practice an hour maybe shorter if it continued to rain. They practiced 1 1/2 hours and everyone was soaked to the bone and none of them wanted to quit practice. Even the coach was muddy and having a blast. His coach is a 1st year college student and a sweet person. He quit his part time job because he wasn't going to be able to be at the games for his team. I thank God for him. He has been a blessing to the kids.
Who are you thankful for?

2 comments:

sanctuaryseeker said...

Sherry,
Glad today went better for you. There's always something about sunshine that helps, don't your think? I think I envy you your little calves. Then again, maybe I don't? You and Scott must have a strong bond girl. It's cool that Hunter is playing soccer. I had physical therapy this afternoon and I think the guy tried to kill me. I don't like to sweat.

gideonmommasita said...

Yesterday I took a nap out in that beautiful weather. I am thankful the kids didn't burn down the house while I was getting some peace.