Sunday, December 9, 2007

Chickens get new home

Thanks to my Dad the chickens have a new home. Dad and Mom came last week to visit and Dad made a really cool chicken house. He put cute little doors on it to let the chicken's in and out and a trap door on the side to collect fresh eggs with ease. I am so amazed at his talent. When I was a little girl he built me a playhouse for Christmas one year. It had electricity, lights, carpet, windows,a front porch with a light on it and shutters that had a S on them. My mom made me white curtains with red tie backs to match the red carpet. When I decided I was too old for the play house it became his storage shed that he used for years. I love you Daddy-you and Mom are the best...
I finally hung my stockings today. I have been so slow to decorate this year even though it has been sitting in my living room floor for over a week. It seems that most of my decorations are not tall enough for the ceilings in this house. Oh well what is most important is that we remember the reason for the decorations. Happy Birthday Jesus...
We helped decorate the church tonight after the evening service. We had people singing around the piano, kids running around with tinsil, trees and lights and wreaths galore. It was fun. I've never been to a church before that everyone helps decorate, usually when you walk in one person has done a perfect job on everything. I can honestly say this church feels like you belong when you worship, eat, decorate, laugh, cry and pray with each other. I thank God for our little church in the middle of a cow pasture.
Blessings

4 comments:

Kayla Nicole said...

hey gurly I love your fire place and your stockings its so homey!!! I love the way it looks and You got chickens cool

CroppinRobin said...

i always wanted hannah to have a playhouse....sounds like your's was very special.
your chicken coop looks great!

sanctuaryseeker said...

Your house is lovely(what I've seen of it) and your daddy sounds like mine. He is such a special man and my mama is one of the Godliest women I know. I love them both so much.
I had a great time after CHurch last night. I wasnt' going to stay, but I am so glad we did. I enjoyed talking with you very much. Sounds like you know exactly where I am at in my life.
Thanks for being a friend

gideonmommasita said...

The church decorating sounds fabuloso! Love that idea of all the kids running around and the singing...Thanks for posting about it! The chicken coop is cool...not only is your dad talented he is smart and diligent to lickety split put up a place for your chickens!