Friday, January 11, 2008

New Year, New baby Calf

Hunter and I went for a ride on the golf cart to check on the cows this afternoon and we found a baby calf had been born and he looked like a little lamb. I will take better pictures later it was starting to get dark on us but luckily I thought to grab the camera just in case we saw something fun to take a picture of. I have missed some great pictures on the farm of deer, coyote, turtles, owls and turkeys. Scott is really the picture taker in the family. He just seems to have a better eye when it comes to photography.

Hunter is recovering from 2nd degree burns on his chin and neck. He was frying something Sat night and dropped the tongs by accident in hot oil and they popped opened and splashed grease on him. We are thankful it was not any worse than it was. His burns are already starting to heal and I am greatful for all the prayers, phone calls and words of encouragement. He went back to school Wednesday bandaged up but I hope he won't have to wear them next week if all goes well.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful new start to 2008 and just wondering if anyone made any New Year's resolutions?? I use to say every year mine was to lose weight. Since that never worked I made a resolution not to make a resolution to trick myself into losing weight. That didn't work for me either. Sooooooooooo the saga continues...............
Blessings

8 comments:

sanctuaryseeker said...

I am glad that Hunter is recovering quickly.
The calf is precious. What a wonderful gift for you and Hunter to be able to ride around your farm together.
No resolutions for me. I can't keep them, so I don't even try anymore. Than I won't be so depressed when I fail.

Kayla Nicole said...

aww that is the cutest lil calf i ever saw! he or she looks like a baby lamb! thats so cool i wanna come see it and pet it!

gideonmommasita said...

Exercise 4 days a week and focus more on the word and less on me are my new years resolution.

Sherry Hayes said...

Awesome resolution's Emily. When I grow up I want to be just like you. I bought a jump rope for myself for Christmas since I saw you were jumping some but I can't seem to get it out of the package :)

Melissa said...

AWWWWWW! I love baby calves. They are so sweet.....

Melissa said...

Sherry have you tried scissors?

Anonymous said...

Awww...the calf is so cute!!! I'm glad hunter is feeling better :) I made a resolution to get in shape and start eating better. It's going well so far...

Love ya!!!

Me Myself and I said...

Hi